We are being asked the above question time and again. So I set out below a short post. We are specialist and modern accountants for Ecommerce businesses.
- From 1 January 2021, an EORI number is a must for goods in or out of the UK.
Is your EORI number valid?
- Your can check your EORI number on national and European Commission database.
- UK VAT registered businesses can check to see their EORI status.
- Follow the instructions below:
Go to the EORI verification checker here
- start with GB then you VAT number and suffix with ‘000‘
What to do when you make any changes to your business?
Changing business name and address can impact on your usage of EORI number.
If you are VAT registered and make changes
You must inform the VAT office of any changes. After they confirmed the updates, you should use this form to update those in your EORI number records.
If you are not VAT registered and make changes
If you have a UK NON VAT EORI number use this form to request the changes.
ERAA Consulting Limited are specialist and modern accountants for Ecommerce businesses. Please contact us here if you need help running your finance departments.